Degtyaryov Machine Gun (DP)
The Degtyaryov (DP)is a light machine gun firing the 7.62×54mmR cartridge that was used primarily by the Soviet Union starting in 1928. It was cheap and easy to manufacture and was especially able to withstand dirt. In tests it was buried in sand and mud and was still capable of firing more than 500 rounds.
It was nicknamed the "Record player" by Red Army troops because the disk-shaped pan magazine resembled a gramophone record and its top cover which revolves while the weapon is fired. The DP had a reputation as an effective light support weapon.
The Degtyaryov is in good condition and supplied complete with magazine and Birmingham Proof House Certificate.